Do you ever wonder how to be happy despite a world full of obstacles and disappointment? Here are 7 tips to improving your happiness every day.
1. Be Grateful - Don't take anything for granted. Everything that happens in life is for a reason even if it makes you stronger. When we focus on the great blessings of life, we realize that gratitude makes us more positive. Don't focus on the bad, but focus on the good that come out of it.
2. Be Present - Don't dwell in the past and the sorrows of yesterday. Think about the NOW and the future of your best you. Find joy in your today!
3. Be Authentic - Don't live your life for others and don't design your life based upon what others think of you and what you should or shouldn't do. Live your life for yourself and do what makes you truly happy.
4. Forgive Yourself - Cherish your wins! We all make mistakes. Learning from those mistakes and not allowing them to control your life IS a WIN in itself.
5. Meditate - Meditating on God's word and the positive affirmations of life. Repeat daily and throughout the day a special prayer, scripture, or quote that makes you happy. Affirmations help train your ego. :)
6. Laugh - Don't take yourself too seriously. Live a life of joy. Don't forget that everyday has at least a reason to laugh and have joy. Enjoy the small moments! Believe me they count.
7. Surround yourself with happy people. When you surround yourself with people who are sad or complaining all the time, you will find yourself doing the same thing. Do an audit of your life and if you can't find people that make you laugh and help keep you at peace, then you need to find more friends and cultivate new relationships.